Com1501 Assignment Management
COM1501 Fundamentals of Communication – Semester 1
COM1501 Fundamentals of Communication
- Please note there are no facilitators or lecturers in this group
- This means YOU must engage and ask questions
- Compare and discuss MCQ assignments (cheat free)
- An awesome discussion forum to engage with your classmates
- An activity feed for instant updates
- Email updates or digests direct to your inbox
- Friend and send private messages
- Revision App where you can compare and discuss past papers
- Share great resources with your classmates (click below to see what is there now)
SKU: N/ACategories: 1st Level, 1st Semester, BA, Free, Study Groups
COM1501 Fundamentals of Communication introduces students to the basic principles of communication and to create an awareness of the skills and competencies needed to communicate effectively.
Resources for COM1501-COM101X Fundamentals of Communication
Back to top
Assignment manager (AM)
The person who leads the assignment work and is responsible for achieving its objectives.
- The assignment manager familiarizes him/herself with the assignment’s background and proposed arena and informs all team members accordingly.
- Carries out a stakeholder analysis and works with assignment team members to formulate the arena.
- Agrees on the assignment arena with the assignment sponsor.
- Visualizes the assignment contents and results.
- Organizes the assignment and agrees with resource owners on the use of human and other resources.
- Plans the assignment.
- Handles uncertainties in the assignment through measures like active risk management.
- Motivates the employees and maintains tempo by active daily management.
- Keeps the assignment sponsor informed on the current status and possible deviations.
- Maintains contact with the receiver and the customer/users.
- Puts together assignment status and information necessary for gate decisions.
- Answers to the assignment sponsor for the achievement of the assignment objectives.
- Delivers the assignment results to the customer/user.
- Turns over responsibility to the receiver.
- Holds a lessons-learned seminar, writes the final report and shares experiences.
Central to the assignment manager’s role is to eliminate obstacles and create conditions which facilitate work, collaboration and communication for everyone.