Jefferson Hospital Radiology Residency Personal Statement
Program director: Paul M. Kiproff, MD
Program length: 1 year (PGY6)
Fellows per year: 1
About the Program
Benefits and Stipends
About the Program
The fellow is exposed to a broad range of interventional radiology procedures that will provide a solid foundation for either an academic or private practice.
The Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship faculty includes six board-certified physicians.
Most rotations occur at Allegheny General Hospital but depending on the needs of the fellow, up to 3 months of rotations may take place at other Allegheny Health Network hospitals such as West Penn Hospital or Forbes Hospital.
The fellow will also have the opportunity to enhance his or her teaching skills through involvement in the department's Diagnostic Radiology Residency Program.
Eligibility requirements for certification are available from the American Board of Radiology.
We are currently accepting applications for the fellowship year commencing July 1, 2017.
Applications to the fellowship program are accepted only through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
All positions will be filled through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
The following documents must be available in ERAS prior to the decision to grant an interview:
- ERAS application
- At least three letters of recommendation, including radiology residency program director and radiologist supervising training in vascular and interventional radiology
- Medical school transcript
- MPSE (Dean’s letter – available to programs on November 1)
- USMLE and/or COMLEX transcript
- Personal statement
Applications must be complete by March 15 of the year the fellow wishes to start the program.
Once application has been made through ERAS, the program coordinator will correspond via email regarding the status of the application, including invitations to interview.
Invitations to interview will be issued via email.
Interviews will be scheduled from mid February through April. There are no Saturday or Sunday interviews.
Interview Day Schedule
Applicants are asked to arrive at either 9 a.m. or 12 p.m. at the Allegheny General Hospital Radiology Reception Desk (01 Level, Snyder Pavilion). Each applicant will meet individually with the program director, two members of the faculty and our current fellow.
Interviewees who need to stay overnight in Pittsburgh may wish to consider the following hotels where a discounted rate will be offered to those who identify themselves as applicants to an Allegheny General Hospital program. In addition, several of the following offer free shuttle service to the hospital.
- The Priory – a beautifully restored bed and breakfast within walking distance of Allegheny General Hospital.
- Hampton Inn Pittsburgh/Green Tree – located 15 miles from the Greater Pittsburgh International Airport and within 6 miles of Allegheny General Hospital, the Hampton Inn/Green Tree offers shuttle service to the hospital as well as to and from the airport (please schedule at time of reservation).
- Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/North Shore – located near both PNC Park and Heinz Field, this facility is the closest Hyatt Place Hotel to Allegheny General Hospital and offers free shuttle service, free hot breakfast, and fitness center. Please use the residency/fellows group ID #21751 or rate plan RESF.
Vascular and Interventional Radiology Fellowship Program
Patricia O'Kelly, Program Coordinator
Allegheny General Hospital
320 East North Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Jefferson Radiology is proud to sponsor a Musculoskeletal Radiology Fellowship.
The MSK division is comprised of six MSK subspecialty trained radiologists. The fellowship is a one year diagnostic and interventional orthopedic fellowship. Advanced training is provided in musculoskeletal MRI, CT, radiography in a hospital and outpatient setting. Orthopedic procedures include image-guided orthopedic joint and spine pain management procedures, arthrography.
There are research opportunities available in collaboration with our clinical partners. Jefferson Radiology performs over 600,000 examinations per year which includes over 12,000 MSK MRI/CT and over 2,000 MSK intervention procedures. Our high volume practice has a referral base which includes subspecialty orthopedic surgeons, dedicated sports medicine specialists, pediatric orthopedic surgeons, rheumatologists and primary care specialists.
There is only one fellowship available per year beginning in July. Candidates must be currently enrolled in (or have completed) a diagnostic radiology residency program accredited by the ACGME or RCPSC. All applicants must submit CV, three reference letters, and a personal statement via e-mail to: HumanResources@jeffersonradiology.com.
MSK Fellowship: 2018 - 2019
MSK Fellowship: 2019 - 2020
Harpreet Baweja, MD
Program Contact Person: